Dear Fellow Parasitologists,
The Parasitological Society of Southern Africa (PARSA) is delighted to invite you to the 49th Annual and 1st Virtual PARSA Conference.
The conference will take place over two 4-hour morning sessions on 14 & 15 September 2021 respectively. The PARSA Annual General Meeting will be held at the end of the last session on 15 September 2021.
Attendance to the full virtual conference will be free to all PARSA members – registration fees will be subsidized by PARSA. Registration for all non-members will be R500 pp. Registration will open on 24 May 2021.
The programme will consist out of one keynote speaker and a combination of oral and poster presentations, presented by PG students with substantial data (in their 2nd year of MSc, 2nd & 3rd year of PhD) and Postdocs.
We are also exploring the possibility of hosting a very interesting student event on the Tuesday evening. Details in this regard will be communicated to all shortly.
I am looking forward to a productive and interactive Conference and am confident that you will all enjoy and contribute to the PARSA 2021 Conference.
Prof. Sonja Matthee
- The deadline for abstract submissions is Thursday 01 July 2021.
- Abstracts can be submitted for consideration either as oral or poster presentations.
- Maximum number of words in abstract is 350.
- Oral presenters will be required to provide a pre-recorded, 10-minute presentation. The presenter is required to be online for the Q&A session.
- Poster sessions form an integral part of the conference. All poster presenters will be required to provide a pre-recorded, 2-minute presentation of their poster, which will be shown during the allocated poster speed sessions.
- Please ensure that the email addresses as submitted are correct as these addresses will be used in all correspondence and acceptance notifications.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- Complete all information.
- The last page can be used as a “template” for your paper.
- Click here to download the Abstract Submission Form.