TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
ALL ACCOMMODATION MUST BE BOOKED BY NO LATER THAN 6 JULY 2021 THROUGH THE SECRETARIAT
The congress will take place during the high tourist season (a week before the spring school holiday) and therefore all accommodation and registrations fees need to be paid latest by 6th July 2021 in order for us to keep the block reservation. The rest of the camp is already fully booked.
We know there are challenges with some of the Academic Institutions and Government Departments and would like to accommodate all delegates as far as possible. If needed, we recommend that you make provision for an advance in order to settle your accommodation and registration fees in time. Purchase orders should also be processed and paid by 6th July 2021 to secure your accommodation booking and conference registration. Please check the procedure with your financial department to adhere within the timelines. Quotes, Invoices and Statements are available on the online registration system.
Please note, the Congress Organisers can only manage accommodation reservations for the period of the congress (in on 19 September and out on 23 September). Any pre- or post-congress bookings should be made directly with Sanparks at www.sanparks.org.
- Registration is a pre-requisite for booking of accommodation.
- All accommodation bookings will require a 50% deposit within 7 days of the reservation and the balance by 6 July 2020.
- Delegates wishing to extend their stay in Kruger Park, i.e. enter the park prior to 19 September 2021 or leave the park after 23 September 2021 should book that specific accommodation separately and directly with SANParks (www.sanparks.org).
- There will be no refund for payments if delegates are unable to attend the congress.
- Accommodation payments can be made via PayFast (online), but is subject to a 4.5% processing fee. Electronic transfers are free of charge and no processing fee will be added.
- All cancellations will be subject to a R250 administration fee.
Accommodation has been reserved at Skukuza, Kruger National Park, and all accommodation bookings for the congress have to be made through SAVETCON.
Accommodation ranges from luxury, river-view bungalows, self-catering bungalows and bungalows and safari-tents without kitchen facilities. All accommodation units have their own barbecue facilities.
The comfortable, en-suite, thatch-roofed bungalows and safari-tents have 2 or more single beds and are rented on a room-only basis.
Tariff per unit per night is for one or two persons – there is an additional fee for a third person sharing the accommodation.
Skukuza Camp has a cafeteria, a restaurant (Cattle Baron) and a well-stocked shop that offers basic commodities (e.g. groceries, bread, vegetables, drinks, meat, toiletries, etc.).
All coffee & tea breaks, lunches, the welcome reception, catered boma-braai and the gala dinner are included in the full registration fee.
There are numerous transport options available to guests for travel to and from Skukuza Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park.
Traveling time to Skukuza, by road from Gauteng, is approximately 5-6 hours, with an additional ±30 minutes from the Paul Kruger entrance gate to the camp. The main roads in the Kruger National Park (between the Gates and Camps) are tarred, allowing for a comfortable self-drive experience. The closest gate to Skukuza Rest Camp is the Paul Kruger Gate, situated 12km from the camp.
Airlink operates daily scheduled flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town to the Skukuza Airport, located a short distance from the Skukuza Rest Camp. Shuttle services would need to be pre-arranged from both airports. www.skukuzaairport.com
Transfers from Skukuza Airport
Avis is the car hire service provider at Skukuza airport providing car hire and point 2 point shuttle service between Skukuza Airport and Skukuza Main Camp. Please enquire at the Avis desk when you arrive at the Skukuza Airport or contact them before you arrive on www.avis.co.za or 013 735 5651 to book a car.
Ashton Shuttles & Services operates a daily shuttle service departing from the Bus Terminal Building at Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport, with drop-off at the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate/ Skukuza. They leave at 06h45 to arrive in Skukuza at 13h45. From Skukuza they will depart at 11h00 on 10 September.
Rates for 2021 will be confirmed in January. Rates are only applicable if bookings are made online at https://ashtonstours.com and by entering the discount code, which can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The booking reservation code is R7221790 and must be presented to security personnel at the entrance gate;
- Proof of identity, identity document. (ID), passport or alternative valid identification e.g. driver’s license card is required for scanning upon entering/exiting the Park
- On arrival at Skukuza camp, please proceed to the Congress Venue Reception to collect your room key.
- Collect an exit permit at the Congress Venue the day before departure – you will not be able to exit the park without the exit permit.
Park and Camp gate times
* Park Entrance Gates Open @ 06h00
* Camp Gates Open @ 06h00
** All Gates Close @ 18h00#
# Late arrivals are allowed for emergencies only and are subject to the following conditions:
– An additional cost per vehicle will be charged
– Late arrival must be arranged in advance with the gate
– Evidence for late arrival must be provided
– Guests must have pre-booked accommodation at camps that are within 10km distance from relevant gate
– Arrangements for late arrival after 21:00 will not be permitted
– Under no circumstances are late arrivals allowed at the following gates: Pafuri, Phalaborwa, Giriyondo & Phabeni.