We are pleased to announce that abstract submissions (oral and posters) are open for the 22nd Congress of the Entomological Society of Southern Africa (ESSA). The congress will be held from 28 June – 01 July 2021 at the Forever Resort Tshipise in Limpopo.
We encourage abstract submissions (both oral and poster dealing with entomology.
Proposals for special sessions, during the congress, should be submitted to Prof. Stefan Foord (Stefan.Foord@univen.ac.za) by 18 February 2021.
Proposals should indicate the theme and lead scientist. Proposals with envisaged speakers, their titles and contact details are encouraged.
We welcome all submissions and look forward to providing the best platform for our members’ ongoing contribution to the field of entomology.
The theme for this year’s biennial congress is: “Insects in the Anthropocene”. The sub-themes are:
- Insect Conservation
- Insect Physiology
- Integrated Pest Management
- Biological Control
- Aquatic Entomology
- Soil Biology
- Please submit your abstracts, on the abstract form, to the Congress Organisers through e-mail to Corné Engelbrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts can be submitted for consideration either as oral or poster presentations. Please adhere to the instructions on the form.
- Delegates wishing to submit more than one abstract must please complete a separate form for each abstract.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- The title of the abstract, which should be short and informative, must be printed in Arial, bold, 12 point, justified.
- The body of the abstract must be printed in Arial, 11point, justified.
- Oral presentations will be allocated 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
- Poster sessions form an integral part of the congress, and posters will be displayed, in A0 size, on poster boards for the duration of the congress. Poster presenters are requested to stand at their posters during tea breaks.
- Please ensure that the e-mail addresses as submitted are correct as these addresses will be used in all correspondence and acceptance notifications.
- Late submissions will not be considered.